NPD Technologist (2 roles)
Our client’s New Product Development department plays a key role for their business, not only ensuring that they are able to continually provide their customers with innovative ideas, but also provide rapid solutions to any processing issues. They are now looking for TWO talented NPD Technologists.
The purpose of this post is all aspect of product design and development, taking them from concept to launch. This includes provision of technical support and closely liaising with the Commercial team, customers and the Sales Office.
- Responsible for NPD assigned projects from research, sourcing, development and marketing to sales.
- Key responsibilities for BRC including completion of paperwork and records necessary to maintain the quality management system.
- Working closely with the customer to fulfil the brief.
- Assist in the investigation of raw material sourcing, data handling, applications, technology and costings with respect to NPD.
- Assist with the completion and upkeep of the relevant documentation required for the departments key performance indicators.
- Liaise with customers regarding sample requests, complaints, returns and problem solving etc.
- Creating recipe guides.
- Produce, organise and distribute customer samples where required.
- Prepare and present in-house taste panel presentations.
- Blue sky development.
- Review current markets and trends appropriate to the company business policy.
- Ensure the upkeep (cleaning and maintenance) of development kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for communicating NPD projects.
- Provide technical support to the sales team.
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Dealing with general development queries (production, sales team, reps and customers).
- Liaise with production on New Product Development, 1st productions and re-works issues
- Assist with the organisation of exhibitions.
- Keep up to date on Food legislation and Process Technology with respect to product applications.
- Administrative tasks necessary to execute the tasks successfully.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post.
- Food Technology related degree or relevant experience.
- Level 2/3 Food Hygiene or equivalent experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to fully utilise a PC and Windows based software, e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.) e-mail, world wide web, Access.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral (face to face and via the telephone).
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good organisational and time management ability.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy whilst working to tight and often conflicting deadlines.
- Good working knowledge and interest in Food legislation
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a similar New Product Development department within the meat or fish industry or similar.
- Recipe formulation
- Original product matching for customers
If this sounds like you then please don’t hesitate to establish contact.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Indicative Salary Range: £20000 - 30000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for NPD Technologist (2 roles)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly