Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive (Southern Region) – Covering East Anglia, South East, South West
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Established in 1985, we are a leading innovator and supplier of a wide range of detectable products, materials and associated equipment for the food and pharmaceutical industries. We specialise in metal detectable, x-ray visible, shatter resistant and antibacterial food safe products to help in the fight against foreign body contamination.
As part of our strategic growth development programme we are looking to employ an experienced field sales and customer service professional to provide a professional, consultative and supportive service to our southern region UK customers.
As a Business Development Executive you will be selling a wide range of food safe detectable products mainly to the Food Industry but also potentially to the Pharmaceutical Industry.
The purpose of the role is to introduce new customers to an already established customer base and to develop customer relationships utilising the company’s field sales best practice and demonstrating our company values.
The position provides an excellent opportunity for a confident, dedicated, commercially aware and proactive individual to join an exciting, fast growing family run organisation.
- To build and manage UK Southern customer accounts with a view to maximising sales against set targets.
- To carry out telephone prospecting, identify decision makers and effectively journey plan customer site visits.
- To provide quality customer service through a consultative approach.
- To work closely and effectively with the BDM and the HQ team based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
- To identify new product opportunities and keep up to date on new developments to share with and support customers.
Ideally you will live in the south of the UK and have the ability to self-manage in order to open doors, win new business and keep competition at bay. You will do this by building strong relationships with customers and providing a quality customer service with the support of our Doncaster team. You are required to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- A minimum of 1-2 years proven field sales experience in a direct Business to Business environment (product training will be provided)
- Ideally educated to degree level with experience of working in a relevant industry
- Excellent customer service and consultative selling skills
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills
- Strong commercial awareness and sound decision making
- Current, clean UK driving licence
The position requires regular travel within the south of the UK and visits to our Doncaster offices for training, team building and administrative activities when required. There is also potential for occasional travel overseas.