Quality Assurance Technologist
Quality Assurance Technologist
c.£23,000 (depending on experience)
An opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Technologist to join a manufacturer of high end food products
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will join a small, successful team in upholding the companies’ exceptional standards. The focus of this role is to ensure compliance to the food safety, quality and legal requirements of the company Quality Management Systems and BRC standards together with customer Codes of Practice.
What will you be doing?
- To reinforce existing quality standards ensuring that all legislative and customer requirements are met through conducing audits including: hygiene, GMP, glass and hard plastics and following up of non-conformances with the aim of preventing reoccurrence.
- Complete full quality checks throughout the manufacturing process.
- Maintain accurate and organised records of Quality / Technical activities and make recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Assist in the preparation for third party audits, customer visits and BRC inspections.
- Endorse, champion and deliver induction for new team members and ensure on-going refresher training and spot checks for existing team members.
- To ensure that all microbiological, chemical and organoleptic (taste panel) sampling is conducted according to an agreed schedule and records are maintained
- To confirm that all records relating to food safety, quality and legality are completed and are fully retrievable. This is tested through traceability audits according to an agreed schedule and through specific customer or 3rd party audits
- To aid the technical manager in the trending of technical KPIs, validations and any other project work as required.
- To monitor and control the HACCP system and to ensure that CCP’s are constantly achieved.
- Provide support to the Technical Manager.
- Carry out all other duties as reasonably requested.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally be degree qualified or have the equivalent food industry experience
- Experience and knowledge of working within a food manufacturing environment.
- Have knowledge of BRC systems or equivalent standards.
- Have a thorough understanding and practical experience of HACCP based food manufacturing site .
- Have a high level of organisation, prioritising skills and ability to take ownership
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Be action orientated with a proactive attitude with a passion for quality and food.
- Take pride in your work with the philosophy that “fine” is not good enough.
- Full support and on the job training is provided
- The Company is willing to support any additional training that provides a tangible benefit to the Company and you personally.
If you would like to hear more about this great opportunity please contact Karan on 0208 004 8411 or alternatively apply now
Apply for Quality Assurance Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly