New HSE Management vacancy - to 50k plus bonus plus benefits (no car)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides specialist advice on all Safety, Health and Environmental related matters.
- Assists the Operations Director in the establishment and maintenance of an effective Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Assist the Operations Director in setting annual health & safety objectives and to monitor progress towards achieving the health, safety and environmental vision.
- Assists the Operations Director in the development of health & safety management strategies, and to champion their implementation across the factory.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the Safety Committee.
- Ensures that the Company First Aid arrangements and Occupational Health provisions are adequate.
- Manages the Health & Safety Manual and all included documents and arranges for the preparation and routine revision of Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Co-ordinates health, safety and environmental activities and manages the establishment and maintenance of appropriate health, safety and environmental communications
- Audits performance against Key Performance indicators and correct safety behaviours, and takes remedial action as required.
- Ensures all accidents are investigated by competent investigators, ensures root causes have been identified, and ensures that corrective actions have been completed.
- Investigate and report on major accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences. Ensures all statutory reports are submitted and Senior Managers are informed as required.
- Monitors and trends internal and external health & safety related activities in order to provide an analysis of the organisations safety performance against internal Key Performance Indicators and external best practice.
- Co-operates with the People Manager to ensure that health & safety training activities satisfies the needs of the business and legislation. Organises or provides training as required.
- Co-ordinates the annual internal health, safety and environmental audit and provide specialist support to the site Ethical Audit.
- Coordinate the investigation and recommendations arising from any industrial injury claims
- Maintain sources of information on Health & Safety Law, Guidance and Codes of Practice.
- Liaises with appropriate enforcing authorities, key stakeholders and neighbours as required.
- Keep informed of new legislation, and professional and technical developments in health & safety and brief the Management Team accordingly.
- Achieves and maintains a recognised standard of competency and undertakes continuing professional development.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Manager is also the appointed Fire Safety Manager. As Fire Safety Manager, the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager will:
- Ensure that the factory complies with current Fire Safety legislation.
- Ensures that effective Fire Safety Management Plans are in place and regularly reviewed.
- Ensures that fire risk assessments are carried out and ensures that actions arising from the assessments are completed satisfactorily.
- Ensures suitable fire emergency arrangements are in place and regularly reviewed.
- Ensures adequate fire safety training and instruction is provided to all employees, contractors, visitors and those with specific fire emergency duties
- Ensures appropriate fire safety audits are carried out.
- Ensures adequate fire drills are carried out, recorded and reviewed for any learning.
- Liaises with the local Fire Authority Officer and acts on advice when necessary.
- Ensures that an effective security service is in place capable of dealing with fire and other incidents
- Organises First Aider training and maintains First Aid equipment stock.
KNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
Essential: NEBOSH Cert
Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills are essential.
Apply for HSE Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly