Head of Procurement Ingredients and BIFG
Here at Hain Daniels we currently recruiting for a Head of Procurement; Ingredients and BIFG. As a senior member of the Procurement leadership team this is an influential role in the development and implementation of group wide procurement strategy. The responsibility for Bought In Finished Goods to the Grocery Division brings specific links to that part of the business and key interactions with its leadership. This role will be based at our site in Peterborough, but will require additional travel to other sites across the business.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and delivering procurement strategies across key spend categories.
- Designing best in class procurement practices and systems to support category leadership.
- Purchasing of BIFG, working closely with the grocery team commercially and technically.
- Building a high performing team and developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support, lead and coach the Purchasing Managers within the ingredients category across the group
- Uphold the running of a sustainable and ethical supply chain ensuring integrity in all activities undertaken.
- Provide strategic procurement guidance to the purchasing team, with focus of the specific areas of risk and opportunity.
- Design supplier performance measures and continuous improvement plans to ensure quality and service expectations are met and exceeded
- Establishing budgets and relevant performance reporting, ensure market monitoring measures reflect and bench mark performance of the group against the market, offer insights where appropriate.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
- 7 to 10 years commercial and procurement experience
- 3 to 4 years’ experience of leading teams
- Experience in soft commodities markets
- Experience in FMCG / Branded food environment
- Proven leadership & team development
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Mastery of strategic sourcing process
- Excellent communicator, both written and orally
- Goal and result oriented
- Excellent influencing skills
- Advanced contracting skills
About Us / what we do:
At our New Covent Garden Soups sit, Peterborough, we manufacture fresh soups for both our own brands and private label products. We offer the widest range of delicious soups, so there’s always something to look forwards to. Crafted with the finest produce, soup still remains a favourite meal in many of our homes. We’ve been making delicious soups for over 30 years with taste, health and nutrition remaining the heart of what we do.
Why join us?
At Hain Daniels we’ve developed a real recipe for success: we create tasty food and drinks with goodness at their core, and work with some incredible brands whose ethos is the same as ours. At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do. And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development. We offer generous pay and a genuine opportunity to help the business grow.