Food Stores / Stock Control Manager (Fixed-Term Contract)
My client, a catering business supplying to travel customers, is currently looking to recruit a Food Stores Manager to join their team on a fixed term contract basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the company’s fast paced Operations Team based at Manchester Airport.
You will ensure the smooth running of the Food Supply Function with receipt, storage and issue of all products to meet company and food quality standards and internal customer expectations. Ensuring products are controlled and rotated to manage shelf life and stock levels to the maximum. To manage stock quantities to avoid wastage or shortages leading to substitutions and added cost, ensuring all due diligence processes and documentation are compiled with for full traceability of all product lines.
- Ensuring all stock orders and quantities reflect scheduled activity
- Ensure the integrity of Sap through verification of information such as costing updates and changes
- Base delivery notes and updates (check menu codes, loading ratios and class indicators)
- Ensuring that further checks of SAP include spot check of order accuracy, Stock and Supplier file verification
- Ensuring effective yield check management occurs through effective yield testing
- Liaison with Procurement
- Ensure that Period End Stock Take activity is co-ordinated and to undertake briefings as required to ensure accuracy is maintained
- Designing and reviewing the effectiveness of contingency plans when changes to Food Supply are required
- Ensuring effective wastage management through full completion of documentation
- Review of documentation and appropriate corrective action
- Effective review and analyse of waste breakdown
- Agree and effectively review action plans to ensure costs are controlled appropriately
- Controlling substitution and wastage costs, developing action plans to eliminate problems
- Manage the performance of the team to achieve targets and drive continual improvement
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information. 01233 223 712 / email@example.com
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.