To co-ordinate health and safety within the Crewe factory by providing proactive support to the site management team and H & S Manager; whilst producing relevant reports and statistics within deadlines to underpin the above.
- To work independently as the site H&S lead; driving and assisting the site management team to achieve action plan targets / site plans
- To provide information & advice in Health & Safety to all levels including training of individuals where appropriate
- To drive and assist all departments to undertake risk assessments and identify solutions on issues identified
- To drive and assist the site management team on accident investigation and cooperate and liaise with enforcement agencies and other interested parties where applicable.
- To undertake – together with the site management team - regular site audits and drive the follow through of any actions as a result
- Provide accurate information to the management team on accident stats & (environmental stats where applicable) and assist with solutions to eliminate, reduce risk of reoccurrence and near misses in relation to accidents
- To input and maintain accurate records of assessments, near misses, safety inspections, audits and actions and participate in the writing of relevant Safe Systems of Work.
- To hold regular site H&S Committee meetings
- To advise on, implement and Coordinate Legislative Environmental requirements on site
- To ensure continuous professional development of personal and knowledge and attend any relative training courses and ensure continuous professional development of personal knowledge and skills
- a role model of Bakkavor’s company values
- the ability to work independently as a site H&S lead
- a holder of the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health qualification or otherwise the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health, or be working towards achieving this
- a holder of an Environmental Management qualification or be working towards achieving this
- passion about Health and Safety and the ability to influence peers
- previous experience of working within a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- confidence with problem solving using own experience and initiative
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- flexibility regarding working unsociable days and hours