4 Ingredients. 2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
Role: Financial Accountant
Location: Head Office, Birmingham
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients:
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
These ingredients have seen 2 Sisters Food Group become a 23,000-strong team in just 20 years!
We are built on people like you: an exceptional Financial Accountant who has what it takes to make an impact within our UK Poultry division.
UK Poultry represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales. The division employs over 7,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers… and we need YOU to help reach our full potential.
The role is based at our Head Office in Birmingham, where you will be working as a Financial Accountant within the Central Finance team.
About the role:
This is a very busy role and requires someone who can work at pace and consistently meet deadlines. You will be given the support, training and guidance to develop in the role however you will be able to take direction, use your initiative and have the confidence to ask relevant questions in order to achieve results. We will actively look to develop you, with the view for you becoming a future leader in the function. Once you have proven yourself, you will have the opportunity to shape your role and get involved in different areas.
Your role will be broad in scope, covering Financial and Management Accounting, but with exposure to the wider business and various functions across the division. Initial responsibilities will include owning the Month-end Consolidation of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for the 2SPL legal entity, as well as ownership of all Central Overheads for the division. Furthermore, you will also have the opportunity to get involved in ad-hoc analysis work, as required by the business. Specific tasks include:
- Monthly Consolidation Process - own and manage the 2SPL monthly consolidation process
- Month-end reconciliations – own and manage the completion of the 2SPL Centre month-end file for review by Divisional Reporting Manager, including; ensuring all relevant team members have completed their respective sections/reconciliations, lead schedules complete and reconcile to the TB and Group accounts.
- Act as point of contact between the Central Finance team and the Group function
- Central Overheads – ensuring control over and accurate reporting of Central Overheads on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with Cost Centre owners to set divisional budget and challenge as appropriate.
- Inter-company – ensure all inter-co balances are formally agreed with corresponding parties and correctly accounted for with adequate documentation retained within the month-end files.
- Quarterly reporting (2SPL) – own and manage the quarterly group stats and associated returns process ensuring that these are completed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Assist with the preparation and reporting of monthly forecasts and annual budgets
- Constantly challenge, improve and streamline processes within the department.
- Cover for the ‘Trading’ entity – a stand-alone entity where you will have the opportunity to business partner with the Export Director of the business.
- Assist with ad hoc requests.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to accelerate their Finance career. We offer a competitive benefits package, along with the chance to shine in a fast moving and growing company.
You will have a minimum of a 2:1 degree, be ACA qualified (or equivalent), and have a minimum of 4 years relevant accounting/finance experience. Additionally, you will have:
- Confident and have strong communication skills
- Ability to deal with and influence colleagues across at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to be a future leader of the finance function
- Hard-working ethos; driven and motivated
- Calm nature, able to handle pressure and to deal with a high volume of tasks
If you’re ready to step into the role of Financial Accountant for the UK’s largest food manufacturer and want to make the most of this amazing opportunity, APPLY TODAY, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!