Head of Technical
Head of Technical
4 Ingredients. 2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
Location: The Pizza Factory
Salary: Competitive + Car allowance + Benefits
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the motivation to thrive on challenge, the desire to lead the food industry and ability to work with agility and pace. These ingredients have seen 2 Sisters Food Group become a 23,000-strong team in just 20 years!
We are built on people like you: an exceptional Head of Technical who has what it takes to make an impact in The Pizza Factory. On average 1.2 million pizzas are created every week at the Pizza Factory made up of 80 different products. Pizza Factory's key customers: Asda, Aldi and M&S along with two own brand pizzas: Napoli & Prima Fresco
About the Role:
Reporting in to the site General Manager, the Head of Technical will take full control of the Quality and Technical Compliance teams on site. Working closely with the Heads of Quality, Technical and Compliance, you will ensure the teams are correctly skilled to be successful in ensuring product quality and adherence to the customer specifications.
Along with the general expectations of the site based Technical Management duties you will build solid long lasting relationships with the key stakeholders within our retail partner businesses.
How you will be measured:
- Compliance against all legislative and customer requirements / product specifications
- Maintaining and updating of the QMS (Quality Management System)
- Developing and delivering the site continuous improvement plan for all quality and technical related issues
- Maintaining BRC Grade A standard
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, with the following and you will have the recipe for success:
- Sound Technical background in a Food Manufacturing environment (ideally a fast-paced, chilled environment) and you’ll have the scope to influence at all levels
- HND or above within a relevant subject or equivalent
- HACCP level 3
- Advanced food hygiene
- Working with short shelf life food products
- Minimum 5 year experience in a senior Technical Management role at a food production facility
- Experience of retailer audits (M&S, Asda, Lidl, Co,op)
- The delivery of products to retail partner specifications
- Successful track record of managing teams and building capabilities
If you feel that you are ready to be a Head of Technical for the UK’s biggest selling food manufacturer and want to make the most of this amazing opportunity, please apply, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!