Occupational Health Advisor
4 Ingredients. 2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
Role: Occupational Health Advisor
Location: Solway Foods, Worksop, Nottinghamshire
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge - and the desire to lead the food industry.
In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Health Advisor to join our highly successful Solway Foods. This site employs circa 1000 staff, operates 24 hours, 7 days a week and produces a staggering 90+ million sandwiches, wraps and rolls a year for our key customer Tesco.
This opportunity will offer you the chance to build upon your current Occupational Health experience within a fast paced state of the art food production facility. As the Occupational Health Advisor you work alongside the site OH Lead Advisor and have day to day responsibility for;
- Liaise closely with HR and managers on the monitoring, management and reduction of Sickness Absence
- To contribute towards the achievement of departmental and wider business objectives
- To manage the departmental expenditure within a prescribed budget
- Conduct health surveillance and reviews as required (e.g. pre-employment, night workers, FLT fitness, audio/lung function tests etc)
- Conducting risk assessments including maternity-related, work stations and individual working environments and advising managers as appropriate and in accordance with legislation
- Provide health education on relevant issues, promoting healthy lifestyles in order to minimize health related absence from work
- Maintain registration and continuous professional development by meeting the Post Registration Education and Practice (PREP) standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Support and contribute to accident investigations in conjunction with H & S.
Can you do it? Yes you can, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with self-motivation and desire to make this role your own.
Registered General Nurse including NMC registration
Evidence of effective team working, especially in a multi-disciplinary team
Demonstrable post-registration experience
Occupational Health qualification (diploma or degree level)
Previous experience in an occupational health role ideally within a manufacturing environment
Formal qualification in Health Screening procedures (audio & spirometry)
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
Proficient user of IT
High standards of discretion and confidentiality
We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and genuine career progression opportunities. To make the most of this amazing opportunity and to find out more, please click apply below - we’re waiting to hear from you.