4 Ingredients. 2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
Role: Specifications Technologist – Monday to Friday
Location: Solway Foods, Worksop
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge - and the desire to lead the food industry.
In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Specifications Technologist to join the production facility at our successful Solway Foods in Worksop. This site produces a breath-taking 90 million sandwiches, wraps and roles per year for Tesco. The site has circa 1000 dedicated and specialist employees who take great pride in their involvement in producing some of the nation’s favourite sandwiches.
As a Specifications Technologist you will be customer focused and understand the customers’ needs better than anybody else. Working alongside your NPD colleagues - your main focus will be to take full responsibility for product specifications including, ingredients, nutrients, packaging and artwork/labelling. Day to day duties will include (but not limited to)
- Work closely with process team on product naming, labelling and nutrition values.
- Ensure customers pack copies are submitted on time and that the information is accurate.
- To manage the Customer specification system involving Inputting of new recipes onto the system and their accurate nutritional information obtained from analytical results
- Monitoring all new raw material specifications including:
- Thoroughly checking all new raw material specifications to ensure they meet the requirements of our customers e.g. additive, allergens, nutritional and Hara.
- Complete documentation and submit to customer in an accurate and timely manner
- Proof read artwork against pack copy and communicate comments
- Co-ordinating results from lab - nutritional analysis, cooking instructions etc.
- Annual review of finished product specifications against raw materials specifications.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with self-motivation and desire to make this role your own.
You will be…
- An experienced Specifications Technologist, Ideally from a food production background
- Ideally degree educated in either food science or food technology
- Excellent eye for details
- High level of computer literacy
- Focussed and excellent time management
- Strong communicator
- Personable - outgoing and able to build trusting relationships with site colleagues and stakeholders.
If you are looking to take your career to the next level with one of the UK’s largest food producers, then this job is definitely for you.
We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and genuine career progression opportunities.
Apply for Specifications Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly