£24,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading chilled food manufacturer. It is a dynamic company where innovation is valued the food itself comes first. They are part of a larger, growing food group which is expanding organically and through acquisition.
It’s a great time to join!
As the Specification Writer, you will co-ordinate incoming the work-load from customers and account managers ensuring deadlines are met. You will report to the Senior Specifications Writer.
- Manage specifications ensuring customer needs are met.
- Be involved in Label sign-off (Purple File)
- Attend project meetings as a deputy when required
- To be able to set up and amend label information.
- Specification writing.
- Play a central role in the Technical function providing administration and information to various departments
- Communicate with all departments within and outside the Technical Department as appropriate.
- To personally ensure that all aspects of Due Diligence (Food Safety, Quality and Legislation) are adhered to.
- To personally take the appropriate and reasonable action in the event of witnessing a breach (or potential breach) of Food Safety, Quality or Legislation.
The Successful Candidate
- Experience in retailer specification systems
- Experience of computer systems
- Experience in food information regulations
- Experience of BRC Global Food Standards criteria
- Experience of customer Codes of Practice
- Experience of working in a fast paced, chilled food manufacturing business
- Good communicator at all levels of the business
- Team player.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Prompt and accurate
- Reliable and honest
- Good at prioritising
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on email@example.com or 0161 227 4918.