5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job title: Development Technologist
Location: Newark - Nottinghamshire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark specialise in chilled desserts specifically trifles, egg custards, cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns.
If you have a real passion and interest in food this is the perfect role.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Development Technologist to assist and support the NPD team in developing products to required briefs through to hand-over and launch. For our retail customers.
Your role is to support the Senior Development Technologists by:
- Ensuring that samples required are prepared to the correct recipe, quality standard and delivered to the customer.
- Maintaining formulation sheets in line with development procedure.
- Drive development projects under the guidance of the senior development technologists.
- To gain an understanding of product cost structure and how this contributes to the business profitability. Daily liaison with all departments. Customer and supplier interactions.
- Present facts and ideas clearly and accurately to internal and external customers in a supporting role
- Understand the wants and needs of both internal and external customers
- Overall awareness of comparative products from all major retailers
- Plans, organises and controls resources i.e. own time, ingredients, packaging etc to deliver concept samples to an agreed quality and timescale.
- Monitors product quality of new and existing products and setting up benchmarking panels
- Accurate sample make up and assessment
- Innovate new products to maintain and grow the category for our customers in a supporting role
- Detailed administration work for the NPD function, including formulation sheets, organoleptic sheets, sample requests, presentation packs and product costings
What you will need
Experience in a food related role, a passion for food and an eye for detail. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadline and ever evolving briefs which will delight our customers .
In return you will receive a Salary up to £25,000 plus pension.