5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Greencore has a great opportunity for a Quality Auditor to join our team in Atherstone. As a QA, your key focus will involve, auditing the quality system compliance and effectiveness through planned audits and independent process control checks to ensure that our products comply with food safety legislation and meet the technical and quality specifications.Main responsibilities
Our Quality Auditor is responsible for:
- Completing audits of process control documentation in full and in accordance with company procedure and customer specifications
- Completing daily quality panels and taste panels with the production and larger management teams
- Assisting in the collection, labelling and logging of finished goods, water, raw material and swab samples onto the laboratory website
- Assisting in the completion of the site calibration schedule for temperature probes, scales and other devices and highlighting instruments requiring repair or re-calibration
- Ensure compliance to company food safety and legality controls
- Audit and challenge the HACCP system
- Ensure full compliance to company policies and procedures and highlight any training requirements required to relevant departments
- Ensure that any non-conforming materials are identified, isolated and rejected where relevant through use of the non-conformance system
- Investigate non-conformances in conjunction with departmental managers using root cause analysis and take necessary action to prevent recurrence
- Complete daily shift reports and enter information regarding hold items onto the hold log, ensuring all communicated via email daily
- Communicating between shifts ensuring any key information is passed to each shift
- Completing any other reasonable checks and tasks as required by the QA/Technical management team
- Good analytical mind-set and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Food Hygiene Level 3 or above required or be prepared to gain this qualification
- Level 2 HACCP or above required or be prepared to gain this qualification
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment
- IT literate, able to work confidently with email, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Flexibility to be shown with working hours
- Previous Quality Assurance experience is desirable
- Auditing Skills Certificate or be prepared to gain this qualification
- Knowledge of Food legislation, safety and quality[CH1] .
- Able to plan and organise tasks effectively to ensure completion of set duties to required standards
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.
The Atherstone site sits within the Food To Go and produces Sandwiches and wraps for leading retailers. The site employs 600+ people and has been an established part of the local community for a number of years.