Head of Commercial
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
HEAD OF COMMERCIAL
Our client is a highly innovative, trusted vertically integrated agribusiness, providing their customers with the highest quality and leading best practice in the fresh produce supply chain. They truly are an example of high performing sustainable and responsible sourcing with key strategic partnerships with their international growers and customers.
Due to ongoing and planned expansion they are now seeking an industry leading Head of Commercial to run their UK Business.
The ideal individual will be responsible for managing, organising and leading the Commercial team within their UK Produce business. As such you will be responsible for liaising with customers and communication with suppliers ensuring excellent commercial relationships all the way through the supply chain. In combination you will have direct responsibility for the entire commercial function within the business.
Key Elements of The Role:
- Protect and shape the underlying profitability of all business sales through your prestigious commercial skill set
- Shape and lead the commercial strategy within the UK business
- Prepare tenders and commercial proposals – to both grow and protect business as well as negotiating formal agreements with customers
- Maintain awareness of key industry / consumer trends.
- Identify and build commercial plans around all areas of the business – including availability, trends, and currency exchange rates.
- Drive the data and insight function for the business
- Increase profitability through using your strong commercial negotiation.
- Develop and execute a coherent commercial strategy for the business.
- Build existing accounts through organic growth and the introduction of mutually beneficial products.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all internal functions including, Operations, Technical, Finance, and HR.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all relevant customers and suppliers, ensuring a clear understanding of requirements.
What We Want To See:
- Experience of having successfully run commercial team/s
- Successful track record of commercial/operational delivery & P&L management.
- Exposure to working within an International group or multi-national structure.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and negotiate both internally and externally
- Ability to manage stock and associated supply chain activities effectively and efficiently and in line with budget.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability.
- Management, support and professional development of team members to enhance their performance.
- High degree of commercial awareness, demonstrated through experiences and knowledge of purchasing
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Be open and flexible to change seeing it as an opportunity
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels internally and externally
- Degree educated
This is one of the most exciting commercial roles we have seen in recent years in the UK. If you can make a difference and want to make a difference to our leading industry client….we want to hear from you. Apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 for a confidential conversation quoting Ref: 4811MM
Apply for Head of Commercial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly