Group Produce Ingredient Specialist (SME)
We are looking to appoint a Produce Ingredient Specialist to deliver the technical competitive edge and supply chain integrity through excellence in the management and coordination of the Greencore supply basePackage description
- Map and assess the supply chain, identifying areas for consolidation and enhancement, whilst working with purchasing to maximise visibility, integrity and quality
- Collaborate with the Group purchasing team to optimise cost and the efficient supply of raw materials whilst retaining technical functionality
- Monitor Group Departmental KPI’s adjusting activities to ensure targets are achieved through site & supplier support
- Document and update all relevant category supply chains to enable rapid responses to issues with legislative and customer policies, providing a single point of contact for the Group
- Create and communicate protocols aligned with technical innovation strategy with site purchasing teams and suppliers to establish best practice for testing and validation
- Undertake regular supplier reviews to support the audit team, identify opportunities to improve performance in the quality of the raw material
- Customer liaison in response to key supply chains and working group and codes of practice
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the SHE policy
- Degree level or equivalent substantial food manufacturing experience
- Advanced Food Hygiene level 4
- Level 3 HACCP certified
- Lead Assessor qualified
- Retailer liaison knowledge and experience
- Food Legislation and legal knowledge
- Direct knowledge/ experience of integrated supply chains
- Knowledge of retailer policies
- Knowledge of relevant accreditation schemes
- Ability to analyse data and trends and develop meaningful solutions/ action plans
Greencore Group plc is a fast growing, international convenience food leader. Headquartered in Ireland, Greencore has operations in the UK and the US serving major retailers and brands in both markets.
It is a leading manufacturer of convenience food products to grocery retailers in the UK and a leading manufacturer of sandwiches, meals kits and salads to CPG, convenience retail and foodservice outlets in the US.
Greencore has a proforma Group revenue of £2.3bn and operates out of 50 locations in the UK, the US and Ireland.