Nights Hygiene Section Manager
Title: Nights Hygiene Section Manager
Location: Newark - Nottinghamshire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours of work are: 4 on 4 off 17:30 – 05:30
Salary up to £34,000k pa depending on experience
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark specialise in chilled desserts specifically trifles, egg custards, cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns. We are a growing site with expansion plans for 2018/19.
Bakkavor Desserts are seeking a Hygiene Section Manager on Nights to work at our Newark food manufacturing site to lead and manage a large hygiene team to ensure hygiene standards are met and the factory is handed back to operations in a timely manner with no compromise on food safety.
- To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- To lead and drive hygiene standards within your area through regular monitoring and auditing of strip down and cleaning taking place to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- To appropriately manage the performance of all teams members including direct reports through the use of Bakkavor performance managements systems (i.e. appraisal) and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions in accordance with Company policy through to final written warning stage.
- To own the training & development of all levels of team including direct reports. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- Challenges KPIs to drive performance. Ensures Team delivers agreed KPIs across the operation. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs. Implements PIPs and identifies areas for improvement.
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Manages the communication process in their area to ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links and that channels of communication are clear and available.
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and all staff within their area to ensure that the necessary skills are in place at all levels. Responsible for the supervision and coaching of direct reports.
- Supports and encourages the Bakkavör values and a positive culture within their area, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management. Supports an effective SEF representation structure in their area
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a Hygiene role within a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- A real passion for people and development of their team
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.