Position: Engineering Manager
Reports to: Site Manager
Commutable: Birmingham / Coventry / Gloucester / Hereford / Worcester
Our client is in the process of a massive change management process which has a significant impact on Engineering. This opportunity provides the chance to make a fresh start in a new structure and for you to build a team from scratch. You will have a chance to make a positive impact on the business, meeting challenges with determination to succeed and enthusiasm for creating new processes and developing ways of working.
This person needs to be a self-assured and highly analytical Engineer, who can draw on their depth of technical and professional experience, to lead people; someone who drives success and can also coach and develop teams, thereby raising standards. The role will require a high energy, physically active individual who thrives in a challenging environment.
In addition to a broad Engineering background in Food and Drink, our client is keen to attract someone who is a PPM expert with a real appetite for improvement, capable of embedding a PPM philosophy and developing a Maintenance Strategy.
This is an opportunity for a dynamic individual, someone who is mentally agile and can react quickly to business needs. We are looking for someone with a co-operative approach, a strong communicator. Someone who can build strong working relationships with all company departments in the best interests of the business.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a committed and passionate engineering manager to make a real difference in a dynamic and innovative business.
- To have overall management and responsibility for engineering
- To support and develop members of your engineering team
- Prioritise and embed PPM Philosophy
- Promote a safe working environment
- Responsible for an effective root cause analysis system
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure equipment issues are resolved
- Propose, lead and deliver projects effectively
- Fully scope CAPEX projects
- Manage factory engineering KPI’s, through team, and ensure success.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Solid FMCG/Food & Drink engineering experience
- Track record of improving department performance and creating and implementing new processes/ways of working
- Experience of leading an engineering function and engineering teams
- Appropriate qualifications applicable to your engineering discipline