Multi Skilled Engineer
Job title: Multi Skilled Engineer
Working hours: after probation period, 10.00am Till 7.00pm, varying working 2 x Saturday’s per month, day off in the week etc. (flexibility required)
Salary: Up to 40k per annum
Marcantonio Foods is one of the UK's largest suppliers of ice cream cones, ice cream flavourings, ice cream decorations, glassware, disposables and point of sale products. Due to continued company growth Marcantonio will be expanding and moving to a purpose built state-of-the-art facility in approx.. 2 years. We are looking for a highly skilled Multi Skilled Engineer preferably from a food manufacturing background (bakery) to be a key part of the current site and the new site set up and integration.
Are you a passionate Senior Engineer ready for a new challenge in your career, are you ready support our permanent Engineering team during a very busy period and bring new ideas and skills to the Marcantonio Engineering team.
The role includes both mechanical and electrical servicing and preventative and reactive maintenance on food manufacturing machinery.
The role / job
To service and maintenance (preventative/repair) of food manufacturing equipment ensuring operational reliability, example we strip down our ovens to carry out a full service we strip down to every nut and bolt, all parts are cleaned in our jet wash degreasing machine and bushes / pins are re-fitted this takes about 1 month, it takes real dedication and concentration throughout this process which includes physical work and heavy work. This is our service season until March 2018
- Fault finding & Documentation of maintenance activity daily
- PPM schedules
- Planned and reactive maintenance across the site (both electrical & mechanical).
- Compliance with health & safety policies/safe systems of work
- Electrical installation/project work.
- As Senior Engineer, you will be required to supervise all Engineering works on site ensuring that all works are completed within scope
- Helping to reduce waste & assist in cost saving with site spares & repairs.
- Responsible for Fire safety, periodically checking the fire alarm system, extinguishers, fire exits etc.
- Energetic, passionate about Engineering
- Able to work within a small Engineering team
- Likes to travel (within Europe), our other sites are in Scotland and Cornwall
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to plan, organise and multi-task
- Time served in food manufacturing industry minimum 5 years
This position is for an immediate start
Qualifications: 17th Edition, Mechanical Engineering HNC or HND / equivalent, C&G part 1 & 2 in mechanical engineering or recognised equivalent, Electrically qualified City & Guilds or equivalent, Industrial Electrical Maintenance qualifications, completed an full apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent, welding experience MIG/STICK, Gas safe registered, Commercial Natural gas oven qualifications (COCN1, DOMESTIC TO COMMERCIAL CoDNC1)
The Successful Applicant
As a Senior Engineer, you will have experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (ideally food, beverage or pharmaceutical). The successful applicant will have:
- Formal Engineering qualifications (electrical or mechanical to electrical conversion) or who is a time served engineer.
- Both electrical & mechanical fault finding experience.
- The ability to work both as a team & individually