Buyer (Retail & Catering)
Hours: Full time, 45 hours per week
Salary: Competitive based on skills and experience
Hyperama Wholesale is a well-established, multi award winning, ambitious FMCG Company and a major player in the wholesale market. One of the leading Cash & Carry and foodservice operators as well as leading importers and suppliers of Ethnic food in the UK. From small beginnings in Nottingham in 1976, the company now operates from 4 depots in the Midlands which include Nottingham, Derby, West Bromwich, and Peterborough. The company operate a mixed fleet of vehicles used to transport goods to our clients across the UK.
We also own the Tiger Tiger brand, which was launched in 2004 to meet the growing demand for authentic premium Asian food.
Tiger Tiger has a range of products allowing consumers to experience restaurant quality delicious food in their own homes in a convenient manner. Tiger Tiger is widely sold in the UK and is also exported to the USA, Middle East and Europe.
The Hyperama Group is a growing business and a dynamic place to work. We employ over 300 employees across the group, and our success is reliant on our staff feeling engaged, motivated and valued. We share a common goal of providing customer satisfaction as the group continues to expand and thrive in a variety of competitive markets.
We are currently recruiting for additional Buyers to join our team. Based at our Head Office Site in Nottingham, this challenging role offers a real opportunity to make your mark within our growing company.
The role will involve negotiating prices with suppliers for new and existing product lines; therefore it is key that effective relationships are maintained with suppliers. You will ensure goods are delivered on time, responsible for range reviews, promotional activity, negotiating terms, stock availability and stockholding within your categories. You will review sales to interpret customer needs and react to any changes.
- Experience: 3 Years or more wholesale/retail industry
- Strong ability to control and deliver KPI’s ; Profit, sales, stockholding, availability
- Ability to work with data, analyse promotions and work on range reviews
- Category management experience
- Supply Chain understanding
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational and time management skills
- Be confident and competent in negotiating and networking
- Be able to work on their own initiative and be adaptable
- Have good commercial awareness, creative, organised with the ability to multi-task
- Confidence working as part of a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Be numerical and proficient in all Microsoft packages
- Customers portfolio would be an advantage
- Educated to Degree Level in Business/Buying/Finance
A range of benefits are available to the successful candidate, including a full staff benefits scheme with retail discounts, discounted products and memberships. In addition there is also an employee assistance programme, staff discount in store, childcare voucher scheme and more!
Please note, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage, therefore if you do not hear from us within four weeks, your application has not been successful.