Senior NPD Technologist
Our client is a leading food manufacturer working with several global food service outfits across the UK and Europe. Due to recent expansion and further investment across the research and development division the business now require a Senior NPD Technologist to join their dynamic team. You will have experience bringing products from concept to launch and open to expanding your own team over time.
- Develop new commercial products and where necessary, in a way that complements the business strategy using commercial and customer feedback, market trends and innovations as well as personal ideas and influences.
- Concept development includes all tasks involved from inception through to customer approval (within which includes activities such as kitchen recipe development, internal panels, through to organising and conducting concept trials and repeating these activities as necessary).
- Work with other internal functions and external suppliers to ensure that products can successfully translate from the kitchen to the production line. This will include an initial feasibility panel to a cross-functional team to ensure concepts are approved before customer presentations.
- Organise and attend customer and supplier presentations as necessary, and build and maintain strong professional relationships with them.
- Ensure all concept development information is accurate and thorough following customer approval to provide a successful handover to process/technical team to take forward to launch.
- Put together costing data including recipe, processing details (where necessary) and packaging in a timely and accurate way. This should be done in consultation with key personnel from other internal functions and/or suppliers.
- Proactively resolve day to day issues affecting any NPD/EPD projects and keep the NPD Manager informed of any significant changes or problems that may arise which will impact on goals being achieved.
- Within NPD operations, maintain standards of food quality, safety, hygiene and housekeeping consistent with those set by the company and customers.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. Reduction of waste, recycling etc.
Apply for Senior NPD Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly