Occupational Health Technician
Title: Occupational Health Technician
Location: Newark - Nottinghamshire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £17000 - £22000
Our people make more of a difference to Bakkavor than anything else. And there are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
Newark Desserts specialise in in chilled desserts such as cheesecakes, fruit tarts, crumbles and trifles as well as cream cakes such as éclairs, doughnuts, profiteroles and choux buns.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit an Occupational Health Technician.
Responsible for health surveillance clinics including spirometry, audiology and vision testing.
- Undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with Company protocols
- Ensuring all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the clinical staff for interpretation and further management of the patient.
- Being an active member of the OH team and promoting a positive working environment.
- Providing support to the whole OH team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested such as operational support activities.
- Undertaking additional tasks as requested and which are within the range of training and competencies such as health promotion activities, training etc.
- To highlight trends
- To be fully competent with the full range of health surveillance procedures
- To produce monthly compliance figures
Flexible approach to working hours to cover a variety of shifts
Able to work in a pressurised, fast paced environment
Excellent attention to detail
Have good skills in Microsoft Office products, in particular excel
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to maintain discretion and confidentially
The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
Ideally previous Occupational Health / wellbeing experience, but this is not essential as training can be provided