Graduate Growing Manager
- Our outstanding Mushrooms growing facility are looking to add to our Growing & Propagation team and is seeking a confident enthusiastic Graduate Growing Manager to work alongside their existing small team of growing and harvesting staff.
- Assist the Growing Manager to organise, supervise and run the Filling and emptying teams and growing of the harvests ready for harvesting.
- Schedule for the coming requirements.
Take charge of specific activities, areas or staff as delegated by the Harvesting Manager, Growing Manager and General Manager.
- Ensuring targets and deadlines are met and undertake any other work when necessary.
- You will be involved in all aspects of growing from the pinning and growing houses through to transferring the products in the harvesting rooms.
- You will analyse compost intake throughout the business ensuring it meets the specification and quality required.
- You will be working within a team to ensure production, quality and yield targets are met.
- Monitoring of the watering system for the harvesting and growing rooms.
- Ensuring diseases control is prioritised and the pinning of the beds and their quality is of paramount importance.
- Daily monitoring for pests and diseases and taking action when needed.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have good technical agricultural experience and training.
Hands-on growing skills in the fresh produce sector and in particular Mushrooms would be advantageous.
A forward thinking outlook with a background within a busy mushroom growing and packing facility.
Have a good understanding of pests and diseases and a good knowledge of mushroom growing production.
This job is a challenging yet rewarding position that is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person.
Ideally you will have the following:
Training in agriculture
Full driving Licence
PA1 & PA6
Be familiar with Excel and Microsoft Office.