UK General Manager
UK General Manager
Salary - £ Competitive + Benefits
Are you an experienced leader looking for a new challenge? If so we would like to hear from you
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The General Manager role operates within our UK business as a strategic leader to provide clear, strategic, commercial leadership, to drive sustainable growth and expand market share. This role is accountable for the sales, category and route to market operations in the UK.
- Responsible for delivery of budget growth targets through joint business planning with top retailers and exploring opportunities for listings in new accounts.
- Operates as a member of the EMEA Consumer leadership team and contributes strategically at a regional level, balancing the needs of local and regional effectively.
- 10 direct reports: Comprising of National Account Managers, Category Managers and Regional Business Controllers
- Responsibility for our UK route to market with 170 Field Sales employees
- Develops strategic business plans for retail customer areas within UK market to drive growth in NSV, GP, OP and increase gross margin.
- Manages the full UK P&L for multiple customer areas, including control of SG&A costs.
- Through effective customer strategies and networking, builds and maintains both existing and new customer relationships at the highest level of the customer organisation
- Continually understands market developments, innovation, competitor activity and customer requirements to identify new business opportunities and profit objectives.
- Ensures sales and category management plans are aligned to business growth and effectively contribute to annual results.
- Works closely with the Finance Director to develop clear portfolio and pricing strategies for accountable customer areas and ensures appropriate execution with customers
- Partners with cross-functional resources including Marketing, Operations & Supply Chain, Procurement, R&D and Quality to activate brand and category initiatives.
- Leads, coaches and directs teams to drive performance and ensure achievement of objectives.
- Effectively networks with local and EMEA colleagues in other business divisions to expand customer relationships and leverage opportunities.
- University degree, preferably in Business or equivalent.
- Strong commercial background with in-depth experience of working with FMCG/Food companies.
- Track record of delivering growth in sales, gross margin and profit targets.
- Skilled in strategy development and execution.
- Experience and knowledge in sales and category/trade marketing management.
- Strong sales network with relationships and experience of all major UK retailers.
- Background of working with complex manufacturing or supply chain operations.
- Experience of working in a multinational, matrix organisation.
- Solid people management experience and proven track record in effective leadership through others.
- Demonstrates clear progressive career growth with the potential to take on future responsibility.
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.3 billion in annual sales in 2015, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 26 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,600 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.