Title: Development Technologist
Location: Spalding - Lincolnshire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 08.30-17.00
Salary: Up to £25,000 dependent on your experience.
Bakkavor Salads are seeking a Development Technologist to join our Food Manufacturing site in Spalding.
This role requires someone who has a flair and real interest in food and product development.
We are looking ideally for someone with experience of working in a product development team, preferably in the chilled food industry but this role would also be a great first step for someone who has recently graduated with a Food Science degree (or similar) and is passionate about a career in food.
Accountabilities of a Development Technologist are:
- Support the development team to develop and innovate new products and processes
- Record all required information to generate an accurate costing
- Presents facts and ideas clearly and accurately
- Overall awareness of comparative products from major retailers
- Plans, organises and controls resources to deliver concept samples to an agreed quality and timescale
- Required to assist chefs in producing concept samples in the kitchen
- Assists in the monitoring and benchmarking of product quality of new and existing products
A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, a clean driving licence (you will need to visit customer/other sites) and a flexible approach to working hours are essential.
If you can demonstrate your passion for food development and have experience in this field or are a recent graduate with a food related degree, we would like you to apply online with your CV
NO AGENCIES THANK YOU