Location: Bourne - Lincolnshire
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £20.000k – £24,00k depending on experience.
This role will be working Tuesday – Saturday, 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Bakkavor are one of the leading manufacturers in the production of fresh food. We specialise in making and developing private label prepared foods for the top global grocery retailers and well-known international foodservice operators.
Due to internal promotion, Bakkavor Bourne Prepared Produce has a fantastic opportunity for a Specifications Technologist to join their busy Technical team.
Reporting into the Technical Manager you will provide Technical expertise to our customers, suppliers and throughout the business, advising of legal, safety and quality standards.
It is essential that you have HACCP experience, good IT skills, Food Legislation experience and a minimum of 2 years working within a manufacturing industry. You will also require a good practical working knowledge of food safety legislation and quality requirements.
- You will develop the Quality Management System ensuring that all QMS documentation is up to date, relevant and appropriately controlled. Ensuring the customer interface internally and externally are managed professionally and contribute to audits / visits in areas of expertise
- Maintaining and contributing to the internal auditing system against the QMS to ensure compliance and to facilitate external audits. You will ensure that all Customer Complaints are logged and investigated as appropriate with effective responses completed in a timely manner in line with procedure.
- You will be responsible for facilitating corrective action through effective trending and communication systems. Establishing and maintaining a review process of Bakkavor and BRC standards to review compliance and present corrective action plans to address deficiencies.
- Whilst ensuring that the data within coding verification, printing and labelling systems is accurate and up to date, you will schedule and deliver changes to coding verification and Line Release Sheets in line with promotional changes to ensure that production is conducted in line with commercial instructions.
- To ensure all Bakkavor & site KPI reports are completed in an accurate, efficient and timely manner whilst meeting customer and site requirements. To operate corrective action control systems to ensure that active actions are effectively communicated corrective actions address root cause and promote continuous improvement.
- To operate pest management procedures to provide on-site expertise and ensure that corrective action is taken to resolve issues in line with the site team and the pest control service provider.
- To update the technical budget and communicate any exceedances against forecast. To operate in a safe working manner and support the site on continuous improvements relating to health and safety
If you feel you have the skills and experience to fulfil this role, please apply online with your CV.
Strictly no agencies