Hours of work: Days, Monday to Friday. Some amount of travel and overnight stay to be expected
Rowan Foods is a Wrexham-based privately-owned business supplying ready meals to several of the UK’s major supermarkets. Following a period of significant growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join our Purchasing teams.
This is an operational role working within food manufacturing. It will require someone used to working in the FMCG sector. An existing network of suppliers will be highly advantageous. Experience within the Food Sector is essential.
- Use best practice with all suppliers to source the most appropriate materials and packaging for new product development.
- Analyse spend and ensure best value.
- To ensure full availability of all materials and packaging required for production. To minimize holding stock
- Negotiate with suppliers to deliver best value, understanding market movements, and proposing ideas to improve / mitigate movements
- Source new ingredients and packaging items required for NPD customer demands
- Ensure that critical paths set by customers are met in full. Co-ordinate factory and technical familiarization with any new item ensuring best possible launch
- Provide support to the group purchasing function and to take a lead buying role for the group in specific areas
Key skills required
- Strong communications skills
- Computer literate particularly Excel
- Highly numerate with good analytical skills
- Previous purchasing/planning/logistical experience in chilled food preferred
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly