Group Head of Training, Health Safety and Risk
This group role covers seven manufacturing sites, producing and supplying an extensive range in quality cooked meats, including salmon, poultry, pre-sliced and whole joints of cooked meat, convenience foods and a variety of delicatessen items.
Reporting to the Group HR Director; the overall purpose of the job is to assist the Group HR Director with the strategic planning of Training and Health and Safety to reduce risk in order to achieve a well-trained, disciplined workforce. To coordinate the activities relating to Training and Health and Safety, linking into the HR/Management team to support individual employees development and safety.
Key Result Areas
- Strategic planning of training within the Group to support meeting the organisations objectives by regular evaluation of what is in place.
- Work with the HR team/Management to support employee development in order that they achieve their career aspirations
- Ensure a consistency of approach to the format of the work instructions
- Ensure a consistency of approach to the recording of training
- Support the SQA Coordinator to ensure the company is compliant with the Awarding Body Standards
- Ensure the Scottish Enterprise mechanism for claims/tender is adhered to
- Ensure the best translation of the funding through the Apprenticeship levy is achieved
Health and Safety
- Group lead for safety, risk and compliance function and strategies
- Overall responsibility for health and safety policies, processes and risk assessments
- Protecting the business by minimising the risk associated with day to day operations
- Ensure Group wide compliance with safety and environment legislation
- Proactively support all levels of management and as safety trainer educate them in best practice
- Ensure a consistent robust approach to accident investigation
- Define and implement Group insurance strategy
- Monitor claims defensibility framework throughout the Group
- Effective management of claims
- Oversee insurance and self-insurance operations
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm although flexibility will be needed to meet the needs of the business.
Location: To be based at Dumfriesshire head office although there will be a requirement to travel to the other sites within the Group.
The successful candidate will be a good communicator, capable of dealing with site directors and being firm when required. The successful candidate will also be able to comfortable acting as the point of contact in dealing with Insurance companies and will be able to operate on a strategic level. A food manufacturing or engineering background would be beneficial but are not essential.
A Senior position within a growing company.
Indicative Salary Range: £45000 - 55000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.