Packhouse Planning & Production Facilitator
Our client, a family-owned fresh produce company supplying many of the major retailers have created a new opening for a Packhouse Facilitator to support the Packhouse Manager and Planner. Are you someone with drive with a Planning, Production or Agriculture background who is happy to work in a relaxed, informal, non-corporate environment?
As a key member of the Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Generating Packing Plans for the Pre-Pack and Loose lines
- Updating Packhouse Planner and Packhouse Manager throughout the day where we are up to with packing on each line
- Utilisation of crop work in conjunction with Packhouse Manager to ensure this is being done to its best ability
- Packaging, Label, Box and Ribbon stock control
- Tray Control and Audits
- De – hiring of Trays & pallets
- Manage EDI where necessary
- Overseeing production on all lines and management of Staff to cover holidays and weekends
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Planning or Production experience in a Food environment would be preferred but other industries will be considered if combined with the right attitude and skills
- A farming / fresh produce background would be an advantage but not essential
- Would consider a graduate with an agricultural degree
- Looking for someone very practical and hands-on but with a high level of analytical / numerical skills.
- Must be flexible, prepared to get “stuck in “
- Relaxed, informal, non-corporate environment
- Dedicated to the continuous improvement of the ethical performance of business supply chains.
- Fully certified to the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4193 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.