Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader
£21,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Based on a 45 hour week over 5 days.
You will be required to work 1 day from the weekend normally a Sunday.
The Real Wrap Co Ltd are a rapidly expanding manufacturer of high quality sandwiches, wraps and other food to go products. We operate from a purpose-built temperature controlled factory in the Avonmouth, Bristol.
You will be responsible for a team of 12 – 22 staff working on the production line producing sandwiches and other food to go products. You are responsible for maintaining standards of quality, hygiene and safety throughout the team. You are also responsible for motivating and developing your team, working towards targets for quality, wages, waste and consumption.
As a team leader, you have responsibilities that are not specific to your area. To maintain control throughout the entire production workforce, utilising the chain of command effectively and working closely with the production assistances and the management team. You will be key in driving the production force forward and maintaining moral between the team.
- Ensuring employees arrive for duty on time and for the correct shift.
- Work to produce the highest quality products ensuring that quality always comes before speed and that every attempt is made to ensure all products that leave your line are of the highest quality and to the correct filling levels as per the recipe sheets.
- You are required to maintain levels of efficiency without compromising quality standards, this involves assisting individual team members, identifying weak or slow areas and effectively managing product change overs.
- To monitor and develop the performance of all team members
- Follow the production order plan, ensuring allergen controls and efficiency are considered.
- Identify training requirements and working with your manager arrange implementation of training
- Maintain discipline throughout the team, achieved with the use of informal warnings and the disciplinary procedure
- Work with your manager to ensure adequate cover is available to cover your responsibilities when you are absent through sickness or holiday.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and fully
- Identify improvements and encourage improvements
- Identify problems quickly and take effective action to resolve problems
- To monitor and work to improve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Working with your manager schedule and carry out staff appraisals on an annual basis
- Receive and liaise with your supervisor regarding your teams holiday requests
- Complete return to work interviews with team members
- On occasion, you will be required to take on the responsibilities of the Supervisor
- Have a proven track record of motivating your team plus leading out of work social events
- Co-operates and works well with others throughout the company in pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others.
- Be able to receive instructions
- Have good time management skills
- Be able to multi-task
- Must have an eye for detail
- Constantly mindful of ethical standards both personally and professionally, showing integrity, reliability and trustworthiness.
- Be tolerant and patient with others
- Be an effective delegator & good communicator
- You will have knowledge of all tasks that are performed throughout the area you are responsible for
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Team Leading role within a manufacturing environment
- Understand company policies, rules and regulations.
- Intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Workplace Health & Safety regulations
- Competent with a pc using all Microsoft packages