Line Support Operator
You will work in partnership with Technical Operators, Hygiene Operatives, Shift Managers and members of the Engineering team to proactively improve operational efficiency through a variety of improvement initiatives and preventative and asset care advancements. The post-holder will provide support to Technical Operators as and when required.Main responsibilities
- Promote a good health, safety and environment culture
- Support improvements in equipment reliability, availability and maintainability
- Deliver productivity and efficiency targets
- Resolve problems and issues as they arise
- Produce product in line with agreed plan
- Continuously monitor the operational process and production environment to ensure all activities comply with food safety legislation and good manufacturing practices such as clean as you go
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of machinery and equipment to highlight trends and issues to ensure asset performance is consistent and reliable
- Carry out basic maintenance on assigned asset(s)
- Good basic education, must be numerate and literate
- Experience of Asset Care in a manufacturing operations
- Mechanical knowledge
- Level 2 Health and Safety (will be provided by site)
- Level 2 Food Safety (will be provided by site)
- The ability to liaise effectively with team members, team leaders and managers
- Must be flexible with an eye for detail and have excellent organisation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and high product quality standards
Nice to have:
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- During off peak periods (January to September) we operate Monday to Friday on a rotating days, afternoons and nights basis (5 x 8 hour shifts).
- During peak periods (October to December) we operate 7 days per week on a rotating days and nights basis (4 x 12 hour shifts).
- Average contracted hours across the year total 42 hours per week.
Greencore Group is a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods. Our ambition doesn't stop at being the world's largest sandwich produce, we're looking for passionate, talented people who can help us to drive our future success. People who innovate, create, lead and inspire. We set the bar high, and expect that our people do too.
Greencore Grocery Leeds is the UK's largest Own Brand supplier of frozen Toad in the Hole and Yorkshire Puddings. We supply major grocery retail multiples, food service, major frozen food manufacturers, wholesales, multiple caterers and high street chains and pub companies.