A growing food manufacturer in the Park Royal area of London seeks someone who is eager to take ownership of the numbers with a long term ambition of becoming the Financial Controller & Financial Director in the future.
- The job will involve preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, input into budgets, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget.
- Monitoring AP and AR function to ensure supplier invoices are correctly approved and paid, and customer balances are received in full and as per terms
- Preparing company payroll data (salaried staff plus adjustments for overtime)
- Manage monitoring and approval of overtime worked with department managers
- Weekly sales report by area and product margin report.
- Prepare weekly production reports.
- Analyse and report weekly and monthly labour and agency spend
- Assist in preparing monthly management accounts (standard journal posting) and schedules to a strict time table
- Assist in preparation of weekly cash forecast.
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of schedules.
- Preparation of VAT return
- Update cash book including USD and Euro currency and reconcile all currency weekly to bank statements.
- Prepare weekly sterling and euro supplier payment.
- Reconciling sales days books to GL invoicing
- Processing bank direct debit payments correctly
- Update weekly sales to sales finance banking system
- Reconcile daily customer cash receipts and prepare banking in the absence of credit controller
- Assist credit controller with daily driver’s cash reconciliation
- Assist account assistant with invoice and payment posting
- Assist FD on various reports.
We are looking for a candidate, ideally living within an hour of the factory, who has previous management accountant experience. Previous experience within the food manufacturing industry would be attractive. CIMA professional qualification and 3 years + experience. A good communicator with long term ambitions within the company is essential.
We look forward to receiving your application. Salary dependent upon experience within described range.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 55000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.