Raw Materials QA
Job title: Raw Materials QA
Job type: Full-time
Hours: This role is on day shift, 2pm-10pm, Monday-Friday with some flexibility required depending on business need
Previous QA Auditor experience is required for this role
The purpose of this role is:
To effectively challenge compliance to agreed specifications and fitness for use for all incoming raw materials and packaging.
The accountabilities of this role are:
- Have a clear understanding of the Key Safety, Legal and Quality properties of all Incoming Raw Materials and Packaging.
- Advise and update the Incoming Goods Quality parameters – as determined through the process of Materials challenging.
- Liaise with Operations Team to establish Materials Quality Issues. Address these issues as required – for benefit of the Business.
- Establish positive relationships with Key Materials Suppliers through e-mail and phone calls. This may also involve visiting Supplier Sites and providing direction on issues.
- Undertake Inspections of Key Ingredients, based on Risk Assessment, at the agreed set frequency.
- Undertake raw protein checks as per the relevant M&S COP
- Carry out internal audits, Micro testing and allergen audits as per schedule
- Submit Material Non-Conformances, as and when required. Effectively communicating and liaising directly with Cucina Sano Team and Raw Materials Supplier to address issue. Manage all Technical elements of HOLD, return to supplier etc.
- Undertake GMP Audits and Inspections of ‘Systems’ within the Materials Storage Areas e.g. Status Marking, Hygiene Standards in Chillers, correct storage of items, Proofing standards etc, etc.
- Provide support of ad hoc Technical duties to the Technical Dept.
- Undertake checks of all deliveries of pre-printed sleeves and labels against approved artwork.