Technical Services Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Services Manager to join our fast moving chilled food manufacturing site based in Spalding, Lincolnshire.
This role is a fixed term contract for 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave and offers a very competitive salary.
As Technical Services Manager you will manage the technical services function, quality systems, procedures and policies at the site ensuring finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
The role is working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pmMain responsibilities
As Technical Services Manager you will ensure that the site policies and procedures are updated and managed to demonstrate alignment with Group best practice and legal/customer compliance.
You will lead the deployment and use of the quality management system, procedures and policies to document and govern the operational processes, developing the internal audit system to ensure that the site delivers in alignment with legal and customer requirements.
Other duties include liaising with the Raw Materials Manager and the Process Development Team to resolve raw materials issues and validate safety parameters to deliver legal compliance and to act as the customer’s liaison point for key technical reviews related to the quality management system.Ideal candidate
- Degree calibre – Relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological qualification
- Advanced Food Hygiene level 4 or equivalent
- Level 3 HACCP certified and Level 2 Health and Safety
- Sensor Training Level 2
- Microbiological Training Level 3
- Basic allergen awareness / practical knowledge of the management of allergens
- Demonstrates experience at technologist level of working with a retailer; Expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice; Competent in the use of customer technical databases.
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining an internal audit program
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining a Quality Management System
- Demonstrates experience of technical strategy implementation
- Demonstrates experience of delivery of BRC certification and / or equivalent certification standards
- Demonstrates experience of using Root Cause Analysis techniques for problem solving
- Ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results
- Demonstrates expertise of applying food legislation to manufacturing products
Technical Services Manager, HACCP, Food Hygiene, Food Manufacturing, Food Production