This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing family business who are excelling in their field of fresh produce. You will have experience of dealing with BRC, Food Safety legislation and customer audit protocol.
We are looking for someone who is down to earth, nurtures talent and invests in its department, suppliers and customers.
Key duties will include:-
- To effectively manage, motivate and audit a team of QA operatives and their duties.
- Effectively train and educate QA staff according to the needs determined by the business, customer and legislative requirements.
- Manage and develop hygiene standards and procedures.
- Managing and approving existing and new suppliers, including raw material specifications and audits as appropriate.
- Manage compliance to customer codes of practice, BRC and legislation. Completion of customer specifications in a timely manner.
- To review, audit and challenge factory operations, product quality and systems to ensure that teams maintain the highest standards of food safety and product integrity.
- Developing and monitoring HACCP, TACCP and quality systems in accordance to the latest customer/BRC standards.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- Process and data analysis (e.g. yields, complaints, weight control), validation and improvement.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints within a timely manner, following through on corrective actions and ensuring further training is completed where appropriate.
- To ensure the factories are audited to maintain readiness for announced and unannounced third party audits; reporting and following up any anomalies found.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to by all staff. To liaise with agency controllers as necessary and providing feedback regarding agency workers.
- To contribute to the training and development of new starters department and where appropriate provide on-going training in line with BRC standard to existing employees.
- To act as a role model for best practice.
- Monitor, control and minimise waste and play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- To ensure routine QA/production checks are completed in a timely manner including reconciliation of associated paperwork.
- To become main technical contact for customers on routine audits and daily matters.
Any other duty as may be considered necessary to assist the business.
- Hours are Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:00 or 17:00 dependent on seasonality and customer audits. We will also require you to work weekends during peak periods and be on call should any issues arise out of hours.
- Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
- 28 days holidays + 1 additional day for each year you are with the business up to a maximum of 33.
- Pension in line with auto enrolment legislation.
- Personal Development Plan catered to your individual needs and requirements.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly