Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of chilled convenience foods for the major retailers, is looking for a Planning Manager to lead a team that creates production forecasts, schedules, places material orders and organises other resources that are needed to meet both customer and business targets for single or multiple manufacturing units.
Reporting to the Divisional Supply Chain Manager, Key Accountabilities are:
- To lead available planning systems to convert sales forecasts into achievable production and material plans and schedules that optimally balance customer service and operational cost efficiency
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that the planning team are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their potential
- Construct budgets and manage spend to ensure business effectiveness and cost efficiency Work with commercial and supply chain colleagues to build accurate sales forecasts and the critical information needed for effective S&OP performance
- Liaise with Customers and contribute to cross functional business forums e.g. NPD process, Business Unit meetings, working with the commercial team, customers and suppliers to support joint business planning activities
- Monitor adherence to policy, practice, legal and customer standards, developing and implementing plans to maximise compliance and ensure the team is always audit ready.
Essential skills include:
- Broad knowledge of the supply chain developed through prior experience
- Experience of understanding sales order processing and distribution planning
- Experience of Managing and negotiating with 3PLs
- Proven track record of working with a broad range of suppliers
- Experience of inventory management and managing material availability
- Managing customer expectations/service
- Established over 15 years ago, a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods supplying a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods across the group
- Group-wide customers include major retailers and food service businesses in the UK and US
- Passionate about food with people at the core of their business
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
Are you a forward-thinking Planning Manager with a commitment to raising standards and leading the Planning Team in a fast paced, short shelf life environment? If you are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this could be the job for you. The role attracts a salary of up to £45k per annum and is based at our client’s Lincolnshire site.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4192 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.