Applications Technologist – Snack Food
A major global Flavour House, my client supplies to a cross section of food and drink companies. Focusing on accounts in snack foods, you will work in the application of flavours in products such as popcorn, crackers, potato and vegetable crisps; they are currently looking to recruit a specialist NPD technologist to be based in the UK, the role will involve:
- Evaluate flavours in snack food applications
- Pro-actively monitor flavour performance and stability in food products
- Select optimal flavours for customer projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc.)
- Prepare state-of-the-art flavoured snack food for customer presentations
- Create innovative ideas for snack formulations
- Act as project leader for all allocated projects.
- Provide support and exchange information on flavour performance, recipes, etc. within the business
- Degree in food technology or equivalent background in food industry ie. chef/ baker
- Experience in product development or manufacturing in food industry or as a technologist in flavour applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with high level of customer contact
- Demonstrate a strong initiative and a hands on approach
- Ability to work independently on the whole and also as part of a wider collaborative team
To apply you must fulfil the requirements above and be eligible to live & work in the UK.
As director of Helen Crawshaw Search Ltd I am a specialist recruiter working extensively across the EAME region. I solely specialise in working with candidates & clients in the following sectors: Flavours | Fragrances | Food Ingredients | FMCG.