Asset Care Manager (Engineer)
About the Role
The Asset Care Manager reports to the Factory Engineering Manager. You need strong engineering expertise and experience and professional engineering qualifications. The role has no direct reports, but you will achieve your results through influencing others with good and clear communication.
Utilizing your strong engineering expertise and skills, you will be responsible for ensuring all assets in your area are performing to optimum levels and assisting the Factory achievement of our OEE targets. Setting a positive example and owning your area, you will take the lead in identifying opportunities for improvement in people, processes and assets through coaching and development of the production and engineering teams.
- Identify and rectify failure trends on all engineering assets within your area;
- Apply Continuous Improvement principles with specific focus on eliminating faults, reducing downtime, minimising revenue spend and improving cycle times;
- Acquire knowledge from OEMs, Suppliers, Factory Engineering Managers and other staff members to develop your expertise.
- Own and manage relationships with OEM’s;
- Share your specialist knowledge/skills across your area, becoming involved in Factory-wide maintenance activities as required;
- Conduct gap analysis and lead coaching and up-skilling activities for managers/engineers/operators/apprentices;
- Using engineering skills, work with other members of the Factory Management team to improve performance against SQDCP measures;
- Ensure Health & Safety and Statutory compliance of all assets within designated area;
- Control costs by identifying and implementing cost reduction/revenue improvement opportunities;
- Support the Project Teams delivering trials and capital expenditure projects in your designated area;
- Work with Operational Teams and the Factory Performance Manager to reduce change-over times, improve cleaning activities and maintenance programmes;
- Involvement in investigations through customer complaints;
- Using engineering skills be responsible for the elimination of waste, reduced environmental impact, consumption of energy and optimization of GMP.
The Asset Care Manager has no direct reports but works very closely with the Factory Management team in your factory. You will need excellent communication and influencing skills as you need to deliver through colleagues working in production, engineering, technical, continuous improvement and the warehouse.
You will also need excellent analytical and problem solving skills helping you to identify issues and opportunities and to propose solutions.
You will need to have formal engineering qualifications ideally to HND or Degree level or equivalent. Importantly you will have experience of time served in engineering 'on the tools' and also have project engineering experience.
You will be a team player, enthusiastic, proactive and energetic and someone who is looking to progress their career to the next level
Our drinks on every table. That's our vision. So, yes, it's safe to say we're ambitious. We're thirsty for more, constantly looking to the future. To new products, new services, new markets, new customers. Here in the UK, we're well on track to produce one billion litres through our plant annually. Overseas? We already have 30 factories in 10 countries – and we're actively looking to expand our operation.
Refresco is the leading European bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices for retailers and branded customers with production in Benelux, France, Germany, Iberia, Italy, the UK, Poland and Finland. In 2015 the company realized full year volumes and revenue of circa 6.1 billion litres and circa EUR 2.0 billion, respectively. Refresco offers an extensive range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass. Focused on innovation, Refresco continuously searches for new and alternative ways to improve the quality of its product and packaging combinations in line with consumer and customer demand, environmental responsibilities and market demand. Refresco is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and employs circa 5000 staff.
Refresco Beverages UK based Bridgwater , Somerset, employs 850 people and we run four factories producing circa 750 million litres per annum, our target is a billion litres by the end of 2018, and we are well on target to achieve this goal. We work with all the leading UK retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's and Sainsbury to produce their private labels and with branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray and Um Bongo.
Refresco floated publicly on the Euronext stock exchange in March 2015. In July 2016 we announced the acquisition of Whitlock Packaging in the US, our first foray in to the US drinks market, adding 900 million litres of drinks per annum to our production.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is circa £40,000 per annum dependent on experience and qualifications, plus a competitive annual bonus incentive and company pension scheme.