Location: South - Commutable of Bournemouth, Southampton, Poole, Dorchester, Sailsbury
Are you a proven Technical or Senior Quality Manager from a food manufacturing environment? Are you a dynamic leader, capable of working in a fast paced and varied role? Are you are a strategic thinker with experience of the audit process and the ability to drive quality within the business?
This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager from a FMCG background to join an expanding, market leading company which can offer a technically challenging and autonomous role.
You will create and deliver the technical strategy and plans to ensure quality and food safety continuous improvement activities are in place to drive year on year improvements. You will drive and lead the site’s quality function and ensure the safety of released product. You will also be a proactive member of the Poole site leadership team, reporting into the Site General Manager.
Working with the central R&D team you will drive continuous improvement in the site’s ability to manufacture product according to detailed process specifications. You will be accountable for ensuring adherence to process specifications on a day to day basis. You will effectively manage issues with customers, TSO’s and EHO’s and will escalate issues accordingly
What will you be doing?
- Give sound technical input to the business and play an active role in strategic decision making to ensure the safe production of food to protect consumers.
- Understand the quality and food safety requirements of a leading branded company, develop a strategy and coordinate resources to deliver these requirements in a timely manner
- Ability to manage change through the agreed systems and effectively passing formation down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage initiatives and projects from end to end
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence
- Ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements on a day to day basis across project phases and throughout all initiatives.
- Able to guide teams through the development, testing and implementation stages of quality improvement initiatives and review the completed work effectively
- Planning, budgeting and reporting on the site technical budget.
- Overseeing Quality Management System Audits from the central technical function, third party bodies, own label retailers and stakeholders.
- Accountable for Non Conformance and Incident management including the tracking, root cause analysis and completion of the appropriate correct actions.
- Escalating non routine issues through the crisis management system.
- Analyse data, interpret & report as requested (external lab analysis, NPD data, stability data, metrics and scorecards)
- Management of complex technical projects (including budget and costing)
- Development and integration of customer focused solutions
- Lead the Technical Function to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work. Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes and open 2 way communications.
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent ideally in food science, chemistry or microbiology.
- NEBOSH or equivalent
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience and able to demonstrate successful leadership of a Technical team
- Proven experience of involvement in capital/improvement projects
- Experience within FMCG production environment and managing cross functional teams
- Strong knowledge of Food safety legislation
- Working in an environment that has Health & Safety as a high priority, ideally where behavioural safety has been rolled out
- Experience in improving efficiency of a business
- Strong leadership skills and experience of leading large teams of staff
- A solid understanding of BRC and HACCP
- Strategic thinker
- Commercially astute Decision maker
If you would like to hear more about this great opportunity please contact Karan on 0208 004 8411 or alternatively apply now