At Premier Foods, our purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life. And we’ve been doing it for a long time - many of our much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century.
We’re also making an impact outside of the UK though and our International business is expanding rapidly, increasing consumer interest in our Mr Kipling and Cadbury cake brands and Sharwood's cooking sauces in a number of markets including Australia, the USA and the Middle East. We also building momentum closer to home in Ireland.
We're delighted to offer the opportunity for an experienced Development Chef to join the team in ensuring that Premier Foods continues to promote high food credentials, and that great tasting food and culinary excellence are at the centre of all major business activity.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Providing culinary inspiration for new product development, developing benchmark recipes for major projects.
- Working closely with product development teams to ensure that new products meet clearly defined culinary standards at all stages of the development process.
- Will be responsible for food trends awareness, monitoring media, menu and foodservice and retail NPD product, and will report breaking food trends back into the business on a regular basis - translating them into viable product concepts.
- Supporting brand marketing and new product launches with a variety of culinary activity, including internal and external presentations, application recipe development, food styling for photography and advertising.
- Developing interesting, interactive and inspirational presentations to showcase innovation to customers.
- Developing concepts, ideas and insights for innovation workshops across Premier Foods brands.
- Works with the Head Development Chef and other R&D team members, to create a passion for food culture at Premier Foods, running culinary teaching activities, themed culinary presentations and workshops.
- Will act on occasion as the culinary face of Premier Foods, demonstrating new and existing products to investors, press and the public.
- Will maintain the company’s development kitchens, being mindful of budget and all health and safety responsibilities. Ensuring that it is maintained as befits the flagship outward facing culinary facility.
- 1-3+ years chef experience, preferably working in high quality establishment.
- Experience working as a development chef role within the food manufacturing industry preferred