Food Technologist (Graduate)
JOB TITLE: Food Technologist (Graduate)
LOCATION: St Mary Bourne
REPORTING TO: Factory Technical Manager
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Be key figure in assisting and driving the Vitacress reputation for first-class Technical credibility with our customers and throughout the Industry.
Motivate and help develop a highly effective Technical Compliance team.
Meet customer expectation and ensure legal compliance and by maintaining exemplary standards of food safety and quality through the maintenance and continual improvement of robust quality management systems.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employees have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by employees’ actions at work. Employees must co-operate with employers and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements
- Deputise for the QA Manager
- Support the site Technical Manager in ensuring compliance on site for food safety, technical performance improvement, our processes and practices against the customer codes of practice and industry standards to support the business “audit ready” status.
- Keep up to date, communicate and action customer, food legislation and regulations, industry, certification body, and legal changes that affected our businesses and the changes that will be required, in a structured and timely manner. Ensure all relevant policies, procedures and records are updated and implemented
- Be responsible for on enhancing in-house and supplier compliance (microbiology, processes, customer non-conformances) from raw material and manufacturer upwards to satisfy legal and customer requirements. Assist in the resolution of compliance related non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Ensure, pesticide, microbiological, water nitrate and other necessary testing meet the required schedules to meet customer requirements and changes associated with them. Update the company schedules as required.
- Be key contact for microbiological and other required test results actions. Promptly and effectively manage out of specification results, communicating them to the relevant people within the business and follow up that the actions that have been undertaken.
- Trend results and ensure appropriate reaction to adverse performance and drive improvements via preventative action plans.
- Support site during Internal and 3rd party audits and visits where required and ensure compliance non-conformances are actioned in a timely manner and reviewed to ensure no repeat issues.
- To support and promote an improved food safety culture through the implementation of changes in compliance to drive Continuous Improvements in food safety, legality, and support all the Central Technical Team functions, for all of the company products.
- Provide technical support, if required, on system, fabrication or process changes to ensure compliance.
- Provide structured and detailed information for customer visits and events as required and manage through compliance actions arising.
- Work closely with technical, growing, procurement and supply chain colleagues to drive a continuous improvement culture throughout the businesses.
- Developing and maintaining a close working relationship with all businesses, ensuring confidence is established through clear and timely communication, decisive actions based on sound evidence and judgement and a positive attitude to resolving any issues which may arise.
- Investigate, trend and respond to complaints in accordance with the customer deadline. Analyse trends and implement measures to reduce the number of complaints
- Carry out forward and backwards traces as required
Technical experience in a technical role (desirable Fresh Produce environment)
Qualification or experience in either pesticide or microbiology
Competent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel (graphs, pivot tables), Power-point, and a range of bespoke database systems (IFS, Produce Manager).
Ability to adapt and drive improvements through complex supply chains.
Ability to represent the technical function internally.
HACCP qualification Level 3 or above
Food Hygiene Training Level 3 or above
Lead Technical Auditor training
Driven and flexible working ability
Excellent organiSational skills
Good verbal and written communication
Team player and problem solver
Be able to work under pressure
Apply for Food Technologist (Graduate)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly