Logistics Team Leader
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Logistics Team Leader
Location: Based in Dagenham
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Site Operations Manager
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis we're looking for a Logistics Team Leader at our Dagenham site to support the operational requirements outlined by the FLM, by managing and organising a diverse team of Distribution personnel to meet order-fill requirements in line with the agreed client loading and delivery schedule “In Time, On Time, In Full”, and within agreed budget levels. In addition, you will be responsible for managing the team in a way that supports the Company’s ethos on Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement and high work standards.
- Monitor Health & Safety compliance within the function, ensuring that safety is paramount and that unsafe behaviour is discouraged.
- Ensure compliance with all business systems including SAP, PTL, T&T, Isotrack, PM3 and Tachomaster.Monitor the daily return of all Primary / Radial and Despatch documentation.
- Ensure the compliance of all Company policies, procedures, processes and systems applicable to the function.
- Ensure that SOPs and SSOW are applied and that all MHE and associated activities are “fit for purpose”.
- Allocate and arrange staffing cover as deemed necessary.
- Deal with ad-hoc journeys efficiently.
- Ensure employees hours and agency costs are correct and issued at a time agreed with the appropriate Manager.
- Ensure drivers work within Tachograph Working Time Regulation legislation and deal quickly and effectively with any infringements.
- Partake in route / schedule planning and PM3 analysis.
- Collate daily KPI targets.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Primary / Radial routes.
- utise for the Site Operations FLM when required.
- Maintain all aspects of customer service levels throughout the operation, with particular focus on “On Time, In Full, Everytime” order availability.
Desired Skills and Experience
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
- ILM Level 2 / ILM Level 3.
- NVQ / GNVQ equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of systems (with experience of PM3, T&T, PTL).
- IT Literate.
- Knowledge of Logistics Manufacturing environment including HACCAP, Food Safety and Health & Safety legislative requirements.
- Class I / II licence
- Logistics and Warehouse operations.
- Experience within an FMCG or fast moving goods distribution environment with at some supervisory level experience.
- Experience of Tachographs, Telematics & Vehicle Defects.
- Managing with financial constraints.
- Working within a trade union environment.
- Shift Working.
- Change orientation.
- Quality orientation.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK