NPD and SENSORY CO-ORDINATOR
NPD and SENSORY CO-ORDINATOR – PIPERS CRISP CO.
Pipers Crisps are recruiting for an NPD and Sensory Co-ordinator. You will lead NPD projects from bench sample to product launch and will also be front-line lead for our sensory programme. This role reports into the Technical Manager.
Pipers is a forward thinking, vibrant and fun place to work. The business is full of individuals that together make one high performing team. Offering true development opportunities, training in your chosen sector and employee support, Pipers as an employer is first class. If one statement could capture our essence, Pipers is a company you will feel proud to be part of.
Roles and responsibilities include:-
- Leading NPD projects working closely with the manufacturing and brand development teams.
- Sensory training of staff, assessment and monitoring of skill sets.
- Interpreting technical data and being able to translate for target audience.
Essential skills and experience:-
- Knowledge of functional ingredients and food science, with a food science or technical related degree qualification.
- Strong ability to gather and interpret data and to identify trends.
- The ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Being able to run an effective, value adding meeting.
- Change management experience – gaining buy in from a cross-functional team.
- Being able to maintain clear records of events and trials.
- The ability to work with others is essential within this role, taking actions with respect to the needs and contributions of others.
- Completion and recording of all sensory or benchmark analysis, product evaluations and concept reviews.
Desirable skills and experience:-
- Experience of using LEAN manufacturing problem solving tools including 5-whys, DMAIC, APS.
- Presentation skills.
- Some technical and regulatory experience in a similar sector would be an advantage.
To succeed in this role you need to be:-
- A great team worker, first and foremost. Teamwork is one of our core values.
- A good communicator, whether it be in a meeting environment, down on the line, or in written form.
- Have good diagnostic ability, able to demonstrate a structured approach to problem-solving.
- Flexible – whilst this is a day based role, the SME environment requires an amount of flexibility.
- A passion for food and flavour!
- Conscientious and reliable.
Pipers Crisps is a national snack brand and produce over 700,000 packs of crisps each week, supplying a range of outlets across the UK and abroad. From humble beginnings of three farmers selling to a local pub, the business now turns over more than £12m and has been identified as one of London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’. Pipers is growing at pace and is classed as one of the most dynamic small to medium sized businesses across the UK.