Lead Category Manager
- Do you want to lead a team of Category Managers to be category experts?
- Is your background within FMCG?
- Have you a wealth of experience in dealing with the major supermarkets?
If so, we'd love to hear from you as our client based in Manchester is looking to recruit a Lead Category Manager to join their team.
Reporting into the Head of Category, the role of Lead Category Manager will be working as part of a high profile team within a business where category insight drives the business agenda. You will motivate, inspire and lead a team of Category Managers to create, develop and drive world class Category Management in a branded business that has a global presence and is a household name.
Key Responsibilities for the role of Lead Category Manager:
- Your main responsibility in this role is drive the business agenda to ensure growth to the business year on year, as well as category growth in all key measures.
- Work the Commercial to identify customer initiatives and work collaboratively to deliver these initiatives on time and in budget.
- Plan, lead and execute range change through insight and data which fundamentally drive sales.
- Deliver category reviews as well as insight both internally and to the customers.
The Successful Candidate for the role of Lead Category Manager:
- Experience of Category Management and dealing with the major supermarket is essential.
- FMCG experience is essential, ideally food or drink.
- Line Management experience is essential.
- Previous working knowledge of Neilsen, Dunnhumby, Retail Link and similar data sources, and be highly analytical.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written, including presentations.
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
Job Reference: JR11230
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect.