Head of Technical
Head of Technical
c£70k + Bonus + Pension + Relocation + Executive Benefits
My client operates within the food sector providing raw food and ready meals to the retail sector. The business was established in 1987 by 3 founders who wanted to create a business that was rooted in the local community, giving something back and also provided an opportunity to provide entry to marketplace for local food producers. This dream has grown and the business is now a sophisticated operation much sought after by retailers to provide fresh, sustainable produce.
Turnover now sits at £45m with 170 staff in the North of Scotland and the company remains passionate about building strong, collaborative communities with people working together and enjoying the rewards of a thriving industry.
The Head of Technical reports directly into the Managing Director and is part of the senior management team of the business. This individual is accountable for the successful leadership of a direct team of 4 covering hygiene, compliance, quality and technical. Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the quality and technical team to ensure the effective applications of HACCP within the business.
- Driving forward initiatives to ensure that all food produced meets the required quality standards of customers.
- Managing and ensuring compliance with all relevant quality and safety legislation and standards.
- Embedding quality, safety and legislative standards throughout the business
- Working in partnership with customers, anticipating their needs and delivering a ‘best in class’ service
- Working with the team to develop their skills and providing succession planning and career advancement for the direct team.
The business has a fairly small senior team, so as well as the above, the individual will be involved in broad decisions around the business, every day tends to be different and there are a variety of activities to manage and decide on.
Candidates should demonstrate the following :
- Extensive experience of leading a technical team within a food manufacturing business, having direct management of all quality, technical and compliance activities
- Experience of driving forward the BRC standards and broad knowledge of HACCP and food microbiology
- Development of a team, utilising coaching and mentoring skills to empower and develop their team
- Setting the strategy for the Technical Department then executing and delivering their plans.
- The ability to set company level budgets and plans and evidence of achieving these.
The business continues to grow at a pace and is a significant economic player in the North of Scotland, the plans for the business are ambitious and everyone in the organisation will be rewarded as the business grows.
To apply, please send your CV/profile.