- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is a permanent, full time role (40 hours per week) based in Melmerby, Ripon, North Yorkshire.
Reporting into the Managing Director the primary role will focus on maintaining and further developing standards and procedures to ensure that TRUEfoods maintains BRC double A grade accreditation or higher for each business unit. It is critical to be up to speed with current and emerging food and food packaging related legislation and impart this knowledge to management and the technical team ensuring that the business maintain safe and legal procedures and implement particularly any new legislation within the required timescales.
You will be responsible for the management of the technical team; this includes three direct reports although this number is likely to increase with the continuous growth of the business.
The Technical Manager plays a huge part in influencing others in the business, training and gaining others ‘buy in’ to all technical, health and safety and process procedures will be critical. This is very much a hands on role, it is important that there is a very regular presence in the factories and that you are approachable. The role will be customer facing and as such would want you to be recognised as our technical expert that delivers customer confidence to our broad spectrum of clients and customers within the supply base. At times of crisis you would be required to make decisions in conjunction with the MD, support the business and senior team, act swiftly and ensure all appropriate decisions and communications are made to protect the business and maintain customer confidence, and not afraid to challenge customers or suppliers.
- Ensuring products that are produced by TRUEfoods meet all food safety, legal and quality requirements.
- Responsibility for the implementation & management of the Quality Management System ensuring it meets the requirements of BRC Global Standards for Food Safety and the requirements of our customers.
- The day to day management and continuous development of the technical team.
- HACCP team leader ensuring it is managed, maintained and reviewed.
- To keep the company up to date with food related legislation, current and emerging.
- Auditing and ongoing improvement of the company’s technical systems.
- To liaise with key customers and suppliers; developing strong technical partnerships.
- To undertake such duties as the Managing Director may require.
- Management and communication of Technical KPI’s and best practice.
- Ensure training and instruction that is delivered to new production and packing operatives is adequate, ongoing and monitor existing employees – revising and revisiting training needs when required. This is likely to be carried out by a member of the Technical Team in the first instance however able to support, drive and endorse at every occasion.
- Communicate observable and measureable performance exceptions, providing positive feedback and taking prompt corrective action when required.
- Monitor spends and report variances and explanations on a monthly basis.
- Manager and oversee artwork for new packaging.
- Effectively deal with customer queries, and complaints without creating complaints.
- Demonstrate role model and effective, fair leadership qualities.
- Adopt, implement and encourage a coaching and supportive approach to all tasks.
- Form effective, co-operative and open relationships with other managers and directors, customers and suppliers.
- Not be afraid of change or challenges – with the mind set to seek and deliver solutions.
- Adhere to company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety and confidentiality.
- Be flexible, yet retain strong analytical reasoning.
- Effective and structured organisational skills, be engaging and welcomingly interactive with others.
- Strong working knowledge of food science within a food manufacturing environment, as well as quality management systems and auditing.
- Be proactive and have an eye for detail, be detail orientated and be able to challenge without creating conflict to deliver best results.
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly