An opportunity has emerged to join this expanding food business, in taking on responsibility for customer requirements in the capacity of Technical Manager.
Aspects of the role are as follows.
- To adhere to current legislation with regard to food production, representation and labelling. To advise on any new legislation and keep abreast of scientific and technical development.
- Take responsibility for presentation during customer/EFSIS audit.
- To oversee batching of product from supplier (goods in) and throughout the factory process to its final destination.
- Co-ordinate external chemical and microbiological analysis.
CUSTOMER ENQUIRIES / COMPLAINTS
- Respond to customer enquiries/complaints in a timely manner. Inform management team of trends in customer complaints and non conformances. Complete customer self audit questionnaires.
- To issue and ensure ongoing validity of product specifications to customer requirements.
QUALITY SYSTEMS DOCUMENTATION
- To ensure relevance of all documentation relating to Quality Systems. Check and collate QC paperwork. Update supplier assurance data base.
- To co-ordinate maintaining of Critical Control Points defined in HACCP. Non conformances of HACCP are reported in a timely manner to ensure corrective action can be implemented
- Take specific responsibility to ensure technically the company satisfies the requirements of the multiple retailer.
- Involvement in presenting Intermediate Hygiene Certificate. Liaise with HR Department to ensure relevant training is given to all personnel.
EXTERNAL SITE AUDITS
- Carry out external factory audits on suppliers to ensure due diligence and follow up any required action.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Contribute to the further development of the Quality Management System and ensure that current documentation and systems are in place.
We are looking for a candidate with previous experience of operating in a similar role within a food manufacturing/processing environment. Previous experience of dealing with the major retailers would be useful, as would experience with chilled and high risk products. This position may suit an experienced QA Manager who feels ready to step up to Technical Manager level, or someone already at that level looking to spread their wings at an expanding site.
If you would like more information, apply today.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 45000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.