Materials Control/Site Administrator
Position: Materials Control/Site Administrator
Reports to: Factory Planner
Salary: £20-23K + benefits
Summary of Role
By assisting in the ordering and control of the raw materials and packaging used to produce our products. You will ensure the advance availability of raw and packing materials in order to meet the schedule, whilst working within defined working capital targets, without compromising service to Operations. You will also assist in managing materials during product change activity ensuring that obsolete costs are minimized
- Monitor deliveries to ensure supplier compliance to delivery schedule.
- Process MRP and ensure timely order placement for all materials including film, cases, labels, jars, colours, flavours and all other raw materials.
- Monitor bulk tanks each day ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Checking expected deliveries on a daily basis and making adjustments to the delivery schedule based upon amendments to the production plan.
- Updating Sage with BOM’s via the product specification documents.
- Validating activity notes and taking appropriate action as and when required.
- Identifying obsolete materials, adjusting Sage and preparing monthly reports for authorisation of material write offs.
- Proactively managing potential obsolete materials in order to reduce/eliminate by identifying alternative ways in which the packaging/raw materials could be used.
- Resolving any issues regarding blocked invoices relating to materials control.
- Managing the transition of packaging/raw materials relating to new design packaging and/or changes to ingredient specification.
- Manage Material availability so that operations can achieve conformance to schedule
- Manage the daily packaging deliveries from Bibby’s Wakefield
- Manage the Seasonal Packaging for co-packing.
- Manage packaging & raw materials stocks ensuring adherence to the correct stock level perimeters.
- Maintain accurate data with Sage/Reflex and that all materials are accounted for.
- Stock accuracy –reconciliation of all stocks at month end.
- Minimise obsolescence and proactively manage materials in a way that adds value to the business
- Daily works order maintenance within Reflex
- Support the supply chain function as and when required
- You will also be responsible for the Site office administration duties. This will be approximately 25% of your job role.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Motivated self-starter who can operate in a team environment.
- Ability to influence and engage people at all levels across the business.
- Ability to own and make decisions within your sphere of operation.
- Flexibility to suit the demands of the role and to undertake additional duties, when required that are consistent with the supply chain function.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both within the business and with suppliers / customers.
- Excellent Organisational and Communication skills.
- Advanced IT skills – Particularly Excel and knowledge of SAGE or similar systems
Apply for Materials Control/Site Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly