Driver Class 1
Driver Class 1 - Nights
Location: Based in Avonmouth
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Nish Kankiwala our CEO brings a wealth of commercial and marketing experience from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis we're looking for Class 1 Night Drivers at our site in Avonmouth.
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of our product and the collection of empty equipment.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately.
- Adhere to safe systems of work practices to ensure the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Working a night shift rota with start times fixed between 16:00 and 22:00.
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
- A good geographical knowledge of the UK road networks.
- We are looking to recruit new and experienced motivated Class 1 drivers, who have the passion to deliver excellent customer service. Our ideal candidate should;
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Willing to go the extra mile and be a team player.
- Helpful and friendly approach to all business aspects.
- A flexible approach to all business aspects.
- A willingness to progress and take advantage of development opportunities within our company.
- Full Category C+E licence and must have up to date and current drivers CPC.
- No more than 6 points on a licence and no history of bans.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK