Location: Based at Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh
Type of Role: Full-time, permanent
Reporting to : Logistics Operations Manager
Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment, to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Nish Kankiwala, our CEO, brings a wealth of Commercial and Marketing experience, from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King. He has been an integral part of the business for the past 2 years and had recently taken over as CEO.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis. We are looking for a Warehouse Operative at Chandlers Ford, Hants, to ensure that Hovis Ltd are in a position at all times to supply their customers according to agreed timescales and expectation with high quality goods, accurately assembled, to meet the customer’s order. To be responsible for the quality and accuracy of assembled orders from the arrival of goods from the bakery (or inwards receipt from other depots) to the point at which the vehicle leaves on its delivery route.
- To accurately and efficiently assemble customer orders using the equipment provided whilst observing all relevant SSOW processes
- To operate the systems technology effectively and ensure that all systems and paperwork transactions are fully completed
- To ensure that any poor quality items are removed from the order assembly process and replaced with good quality items (thus preventing customer complaints)
- To accept personal responsibility for your working environment to ensure your personal safety and that of others.
- To ensure that you work safely and encourage safe behaviour throughout the Depot, reporting hazards and incidents promptly to Management
- To support the team in achievement of all agreed KPI’s set within their key activity areas
- To complete accurately and on time all paperwork, reports and due diligence checks that may be required, both on paper and through the use of systems packages
- To contribute towards performance improvement initiatives to ensure that efficiencies and performance are continuously improved
- To treat Company equipment “as if you own it”
- To undertake any duties in any other area by request, providing that the undertaking of such duties does not present a health and safety danger to either the Distribution Operative or other colleagues
- To actively seek and communicate opportunities for process improvement leading to step change in Site performance.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy and the ability to complete paperwork and enter/retrieve data from computer systems
- Experience of working within a team in a shift based operational environment, preferably within the Distribution sector
- The ability to learn new techniques and to embrace change with an open mind
- Highly flexible approach towards work and prepared to take on work outside of the “normal” operational environment
- Willing to take on new responsibilities within the Depot
- Copes will under pressure and has the ability to rise to challenges
- To undertake training for self as and when required
Average 48 hours per week
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK